What is Orange Cascara Sagrada?
Orange Naturals Cascara Sagrada is an herbal stimulant and laxative which works to relieve occasional constipation. The product is said to have components that cause intestinal muscle contractions which in turn promote bowel movement and that its tinctures’ digestion starts in the mouth so that 98% of the medical components are ultimately absorbed for maximum benefits.
This review analyzes the facts, benefits and drawbacks of this medication to help the potential buyer make an informed decision regarding Cascara Sagrada.
This laxative has the following formulation:
Wildcrafted Cascara Sagrada aged bark – 250 mg. This ingredient works by stimulating intestinal muscles to contract so as to propel stool smoothly through the colon.
None Medicinal Components
- 40% gluten free grain alcohol
- Purified water
- Cinnamon bark extracts as an organic flavor enhancer
This product is intended for adult consumption. The manufacturer recommends that you take 2 ml of the medication before bedtime, two to three times in the first week. The laxative effect usually takes six to twelve hours to occur. If the effect does not occur, increase the dosage to 2 ml every night before bedtime. However, consult a health care professional should you feel the need to use this product for more than one week. Read the product’s label on how to use the product.
The manufacturer does not offer the price of a 100 ml bottle of Cascara Sagrada. However, we researched further and found out that most reputable online retailers sell the product for as low as $17.99 per 100 ml bottle.
Possible Side Effects
This product should be taken a few hours before or after taking other forms of medications or health products. The following people should not use this product:
- Pregnant or breastfeeding women should not use this product
- People suffering from abnormal gastrointestinal tract constrictions, atonic bowel, an intestinal blockage that is either potent or existing or appendicitis
- Individuals with inflammatory colon diseases like ulcerative colitis, undiagnosed rectum bleeding, undiagnosed abdominal pains, severe dehydration with depleted electrolytes or water, or diarrhea.
The following should consult a physician before using this product:
- Those with kidney disorders, fecal impaction, abdominal pain, fever, vomiting or nausea, consult a physician before using the product
- Those on any form of cardiac medications or drugs that have adverse effects on electrolyte balance.
The manufacturer recommends that you reduce or discontinue dosage should you experience abdominal pain, spasms, cramps, diarrhea or hypersensitivity.
We did not find any customer satisfaction guarantee from the manufacturer. Also, we did not come across product reviews or ratings for this product. The manufacturer has provided information on where you can purchase the product. Always check the return or satisfaction policies offered by the retailer.
The Bottom Line
Orange Naturals Cascara Sagrada looks like a good product promising high absorption rates facilitated partially by the active ingredient delivered in a tincture form; no pills involved. The product is available in a 100 ml bottle meaning that it comes in a sufficient dosage, reducing re-orders. However, the product has a few downsides that might make a potential buyer want to keep shopping for alternatives. First, there is no commitment from the manufacturer; there is no return policy and money-back guarantee. Also, we did not find any products reviews or ratings by buyers who had used the product which could indicate that the remedy is not yet established.