What is Himalaya Herbal Healthcare Herbolax?
Himalaya Herbal Healthcare Herbolax is a natural ayurvedic formulation made to gently regulate bowel function. The manufacturer claims it relieves constipation by softening stool and enhancing bowel movement which in turn relieve chronic or acute constipation. This laxative remedy claims to promote smooth excretion without disturbing the body’s fluid-electrolyte balance. Himalaya asserts the product is safe for consumption and it does not cause physiological dependency.
This review focuses on analyzing this product with the aim of informing potential buyers what to expect from it.
On the manufacturer’s website, we found that this product has the following key ingredients:
- 70 mg of Trivruth (Ipomoea turpethum) which contains glycosidic resin which acts as a purgative that treats constipation
- 50 mg of Chebulic myrobalan (Terminalia chebula) containing the laxative elements which do not disrupt the normal intestinal physiology
Other ingredients are:
- 50 mg of Wild chicory (Cichorium intybus) which has cordial and carminative properties
- 50 mg Negro coffee (Cassia occidentalis) whose extracts aid in reducing flatulence, indigestion, and other bowel-related disturbances
- 40 mg of Black Nightshade (Solanum nigrum) which provides protection to the liver
- 40 mg of Licorice (Glycyrrhiza glabra) which functions to soothe irritable mucous membrane, relieves occasional gastric and digestive problems
- 45 mg of Ginger (Zingiber officinale), a stimulant and carminative ingredient in the gut
- 10 mg False Black Pepper (Emebelia ribes) containing carminative, stimulative, alternative, anthelmintic, and astringent properties
The manufacturer recommends that the consumer consult a health practitioner on the dosage that is best for his/her particular condition. The medicine comes in capsule or tablet form. Read the product label before taking it.
We did not find the product’s price at the manufacturer’s website. However, we did find a reputable online retail shop selling it at $10.95.
Possible Side Effects
The manufacturer claims that Herbolax does not have any side effects as long as it is taken as per doctor’s instructions. However, during this research, we found a reputable site warning against taking Herbolax supplements during the first semester of pregnancy.
We did not find a return policy or customer satisfaction guarantee. Lack of such a commitment could indicate that the manufacturer is not entirely sure of the product’s efficacy. Additionally, we did not find any customer reviews or ratings. The site just provides information where to shop for the product and how to track orders.
The Bottom Line
For people looking for a natural solution to occasional constipation, Himalaya Herbolax could fit the bill. The product is GMP certified and the active ingredients are clinically proven effective for a broad-range of bowel problems. However, Himalaya Herbolax has a few drawbacks that you should consider before committing yourself to the product. First, we did not find any customer reviews vouching for its effectiveness. The manufacturer offers no guarantee and there is no return policy to reduce the consumer’s risk in trying it. Also, Himalaya recommends that the customer consults a doctor for the right dosage. Such a lapse could lead to consumer experimentation as not many people see nutritional doctors when they have problems. If you want a treatment that works you might to consider looking for an alternative with fewer drawbacks.